Shenandoah Community School District is thrilled to introduce Ignite, which will offer flexible, personalized, enriching educational experiences to Shenandoah students starting in the 2021-22 school year.
As a virtual learning option, Ignite will maximize student learning potential using a personalized education plan that includes access to core instruction through traditional or online learning, career technical education programs, or other specialized teaching and learning. Students will be engaged in a continuum of service, which could include one or more of the following: online learning, blended learning, project-based learning, and work-based learning and/or apprenticeships.
- Flexible class schedules to suit your child's needs and goals
- Full access to school sports, fine arts, clubs, and other events and activities
- All courses are taught by licensed teachers utilizing Edgenuity and the Iowa Academic Standards.
- Inclusive programming for students with special needs, English language learners, and talented & gifted students
- Open to ALL K-12 students in the Shenandoah District, open enrolled students, and dual-enrolled students
- Access to dual credit classes through Iowa Western Community College for high school students.
The Ignite program may be appropriate for families who homeschool as there are many options for the district to support your child that may be on-campus, off-campus, in small groups or online learning while they learn from home.
All students are issued a district-owned Chromebook which passes all activity through the district's internet filter. For students that don't have access to the internet, the district provides internet service at 4 locations throughout Shenandoah and at each of the district's 3 school buildings.
Ignite students will follow the Shenandoah Community School District Academic Calendar. Students will be expected to log in and make academic progress daily to be counted present for attendance purposes. Families are still responsible for student attendance and participation in Ignite.
If you are interested in more information regarding Ignite, please contact Denise Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.