Weekly Update Oct 17
JK-8 Families-- We have a lot to cover in this week's message, so I will just get right to it:
1) Academics first! Both when our students are here at school or whether they are home sick, please try to stay up on your student's academic progress. Please make sure that you are checking your email when your student is gone for longer than a day or two. Teachers will reach out to you and students to pass on work that they might be missing.
***** When your student is gone for Covid, if they are healthy enough to work, it is very helpful to have them continue to stay current with their work. Students know how to get onto their Google Classroom to find what they are supposed to be doing. And if all else fails... get them a book (or numerous books) to read!
2) Congratulations goes out to our 7th and 8th football teams as they went undefeated this season! Congrats also goes out to our MS VB and XC teams as they wrapped up their season this past week. Keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing them in upcoming activities as well.
3) Tuesday, Oct 19, from 4-8PM is McTeacher's Night at our local McDonald's. All sales will have a kickback to our elementary building so go out and support our staff and students.
4) Sunday, Oct 24, at 1PM the 7th and 8th grade choir will be performing in their Fall Concert. This will be held in the Gladys Wirsig-Jones Auditorium.
5) Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, Oct 28 from 8AM-8PM. This will also include the BOOK FAIR. If you can't make it in person, please check out the website for more information on ordering online: https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=shenandoahelementaryschool5
6) NO SCHOOL on Friday, Oct 29.
7) School Picture retakes will be Thursday, Nov 4. If your student needs retakes, please make sure they stop in the office to pick up a new form.
I hope you all have had a great weekend and will send your students back on Monday, recharged and ready to tackle another week!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you! --Mr. Burdorf #horsepower