Weekly Update August 29
K-8 Families-- Welcome back to school! Hopefully your student(s) had a good first week and are eager to come back for week two. It was great to see them all back in the building with their friends and our staff!
Some reminders as we head into next week:
1) Monday will be an early out, 1:25, due to the funeral of Grace Johnson. Please make sure you communicate with our offices if there are any changes to your students' dismissal schedule.
2) EVERY WEDNESDAY is an early out at 1:25.
3) Please make sure that you are communicating with us if your child is home sick, gets tested for COVID or tests positive. We need to be able to work with our staff to get them their work while they are home, we will be in communication with you on what your child can be doing while they are home.
4) We failed to send out any information about our expectations at home contests (like Friday night football) but the kids did a great job Friday. Middle School students may sit in the student section but we ask that elementary students stay around the adults they came to the game with. We will make sure we get into classrooms to talk about this before our next home game on Sept. 17 (which is Homecoming).
5) Don't forget to send a water bottle with your student(s) to school.
6) If you are interested in school activities, please make sure to look at the school's activity calendar which can be found on the school website or here is a direct link: https://www.hawkeyeten.org/public/genie/470/school/5/
I would like to thank everyone for doing a great job at the morning drop-off this week! Please remember to stay in line, NO PASSING, and pull as far forward as possible to allow as many cars as we can get in front of the building. Once you come to a complete stop, that is when your kids should get out as quickly as possible so we can keep the line moving. Let's keep that process safe and smooth all year!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you! --Mr. Burdorf #horsepower