Weekly Update Nov 1
K-8 Families-- I hope this email finds you all well and rested after an extended weekend! I also hope your students aren't all hyped up on sugar today!
We appreciate everyone who set up and attended their Parent-Teacher Conference on Thursday. For hosting all the conferences via Zoom or phone call we had great attendance. The Middle School had just over 95percent and the elementary was just over 92 percent with some conferences still to be held this upcoming week. If you have any feedback on hosting conferences this way, I would love to hear from you. We know it wasn't the perfect scenario but we appreciated everyone working with us and hopefully you had a good experience.
1) Masks: Don't forget that Monday we will start to require face coverings for all students at all times throughout the day. This also includes when riding on the bus. We ask that you please try to have a cloth face covering for your students and if they need one they can stop in the office as we have some available through a grant that we received. You can read more about this at: https://www.shencsd.com/vnews/display.v/ART/5f99861a1cfb5
2) Grades: If you didn't get your students full report card shared with you during conferences they will be handed out or mailed on Thursday or Friday of this week.
3) Red Ribbon Week: We will be celebrating Red Ribbon Week from Nov 2-6. This event encourages our students to stay drug free. There are dress up days to go along with this: Monday- Too Hip for Drugs (Hippy Day), Tuesday- Pair Up Against Drugs (Twin Day), Wednesday- Proud To Be Drug Free (Wear Red), Thursday- Don't Get Mixed Up in Drugs (Mixed up outfit), Friday- Choose to Be Drug Free (Shenandoah Pride).
4) Book Fair: Although we weren't able to host our annual book fair in person, you still have the ability to participate virtually during the next two weeks. From Monday, November 2 through Sunday, November 15, discover new books with your kids. Bonus: Every purchase supports our school! Use the following link to order your books: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/shenandoahelementaryschool5
5) Character counts and good behavior: I would like to report that we had a great first quarter of behavior! We are proud to report that 95% of our MS students went through the first quarter with NO office referrals! I don't have the exact numbers for the elementary yet but I can report that 100% of the 4th graders had NO office referrals! Those are great numbers and we hope to continue to see those numbers throughout the rest of the year. Ask your students about their Mustang Way Cards and their ability to cash those in for prizes, our students are motivated to be their best each day!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you and have a great week! --Mr. Burdorf #horsepower