Weekly Update Oct 4
K-8 Families-- What a week! I hope all of your students enjoyed Homecoming Week and all the things that went with it. Thank you to everyone who participated in the dress up days, it helps liven the spirits in our building! We continue to see great experiences taking place in the classrooms and hopefully you are getting great reports at home.
1) We have one last varsity football game, at home, this upcoming Friday. I would like to remind everyone that if your student is in 8th grade or below, they need to come through the gate with an adult and they are expected to sit with those adults. This past Friday, the reigns seemed to be loosened and we had some troubles with kids acting inappropriately. Let's have a great last Friday and make sure we are adhering to our expectations.
2) With that being said, great job by the 7th and 8th grade band who performed this past Friday night! They sounded amazing! Thank you to Mr. Jones for sharing those students with the community.
3) Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held at the end of this month. With health and safety concerns in mind, we will be holding conferences through Zoom. We will be sending out more information this week about how to sign up for a time and we will provide information on how those will work so please be checking your email or student's bags for that information.
4) Shenandoah Elementary and Middle School has been selected by local Hy-Vee store leadership as the benefiting non-profit in the Reusable Bag Program!
For the month of November, Shenandoah Elementary and Middle School will receive a $1 donation from each purchase of the $2.50 reusable red "My Heart" Bag at the Shenandoah Hy-Vee. We will be sending out more information as we get closer to November but thank you to Hy-Vee for supporting our district!
5) We had another great week of student activities. The volleyball teams continue to play tough and are seeing improvements and the XC teams did a great job at their home meet with 4 runners placing in the top-15 in their respective races and the teams placing very high! The football team had the week off but have two games this week so we look forward to seeing them back in action.
6) I am attaching a link to the district calendar. Please refer to this calendar for early outs, conference dates, or days off from school for various reasons. https://www.shencsd.com/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/5eb42839d7fa1/20-21%20Calendar%20Recommend.pdf
7) Upcoming week:
Monday-- MS football at home vs Red Oak, MS VB at Red Oak
Wednesday-- Early Out
Thursday-- MS XC at Atlantic, MS VB at Bedford, MS FB at home vs Falls City
Sunday-- 7/8 Choir Concert (more information to be coming out soon on ability to attend)
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you. --Mr. Burdorf #horsepower